{Try, Try Again} When Hard Work and Dreams Combine

This weekend (back in September) was the fulfilment of ALOT of hard work for my team! ;)


I am at the time in my life where I am realizing that to accomplish my dreams, I am going to have to work very hard.

I am that time in my life where life isn't all pretty music and starry nights.

I am that time in my life when there's college to think about and well...what I want to do for the rest of my life.

I am begining to look at those college prices (EEK!!!) and scholarships.

I am begining to see that to make my dreams come true, I am going to need to work.
Work to get scholarships.
Work to pay for College.
Work to show that I am capable.

That's OK though. Because you know what? Dreams aren't fulfilled without hard work.

Do you know how many times Thomas Edison tried to make a light bulb before he seceded?

1,000 times.

Even in the Cinderella story...I am sorry guys...dreams didn't come a reality without a lot of work.

We can want it to be different but it won't be.

Dreams and work go hand in hand.

So, why haven't you tried? Are you afraid of failing?

How many times did Edison make a defective light bulb before he hit on the right model?

1,000.

You might fail.
You might fall.
You might get some bruises.

But if God has given you a dream do not give up.
Get right back up.
Forget your falls.
Forget your mistakes.
Keep going.

See, we can do this because we have an amazing God who carries us on his shoulders. He carries us even when the world is falling apart around us.

So, if you fail just get back up.
Try, try again.

If there is one thing my coach (Thank you +Darren Allen ) has taught me it is to, "Give yourself permission to fail." It's not like we are trying to fail but it will happen.

Then he always tells us when it does happen to just move on. We can't keep performing top notch if we are dwelling on past mistakes.

I know I am speaking from a Mock Trial perspective but it applies to life too.

To take it up a notch why would we keep dwelling on our mistakes when we know God has already forgotten them?

Do not dwell on the mistakes you make in the process of accomplishing your dreams.
If your dreams are God given they will happen.
They may take work.
They may take awhile.
They will happen though.

Comments

  1. Very inspiring, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maggie, for this post, and the call to keep working hard. I find myself in the same place as you, so your words were very encouraging to me. Sometimes the work seems endless and even impossible, but "in the end we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Gal. 6:9)

    Thanks for all your posts, I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Brianna! Yes, this time can get trying but all our hard work (no matter what it is for) will pay off! I am glad you enjoy reading my blog! Thank you for your sweet comment! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie

Popular Posts