Hopes And Dreams For My Senior Year
On Thursday I'll enter uncharted territory...territory that a few years ago seemed unreachable.
Yep, my senior year of high school. It seems completely unbelievable that I am here already. I mean it feels like just yesterday I was a freshman.
I can't tell you how excited I am for this next school year!! I have an amazing class that I get to walk this journey with. We get to study and discuss subjects such as; Theology, Ancient Literature, and World History.
I also know that this will be a year of growth, both inside and outside the classroom. So, here are 3 hopes and dreams for my senior year.
1. Step out of my comfort zone.
Your probably wondering why this is number one but to me it seems like when we step outside of out comfort zones that really awesome moments in life happen. I don't know what this will mean moment by moment this next school year but I do know that I don't want to not do something because I am scared. Ok, so yes...fear is sometimes a good thing. It keeps us safe and makes sure we don't do anything too dumb. At the same time though fear can also hinder us from good things. Fear of public speaking for example can keep us from enjoying class activities. I don't want to be held back because of fear this year. I want to accomplish all that God has for me and if fear is holding me back I want to lay it down at the cross.
2. Cherish the little things.
Time flies by. One day I was 5 years old swinging on a basement swing in the mid-west and the next I am almost grown up down south trying to decide on a college. It prompts the question...where did the time go? It went by in moments. Often times it slipped through our fingers without our knowledge because we were focused on the big things not the little. A friend reminded me yesterday that life happens in the little moments. And you know what? Without all those little moments we wouldn't have the big ones. So, this year I want to cherish the little moments with my family and friends. I don't want this year to slip by without me realizing it. I know this next year will be crazy but I want to take time to cherish the little things.
3. Give my dreams to Jesus.
I titled this post "Hopes and Dreams For My Senior Year," in reality though I want to hand my dreams over to God. I don't want my dreams, I want his. I want, and need to, hand over all my dreams for the future, my dreams for college, and my dreams for this next school year. I want to hand them over to him and let him mold them into what he wants them to be. There's a lot of things that I am praying will fall into place this next school year but I am also praying that God would take my dreams and give me his, even if that means giving up my plans for my life.
That is my biggest hope and dream for my senior year. That no matter what my dreams are, I would allow God to write my story.
Because in the end his stories are always much better than mine.





Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie