Life Lately {MockTrial, School, and College Visits}

Life has been incredibly busy lately-and incredibly AMAZING. God has blessed me so much with an amazing family, indescribably awesome friends, and an exciting fast paced life.

Hanging out at Cook-Out... =)
I've already posted a ton about my Empire ATL experience so I won't speak about that...but until about a month ago that took up a huge chunk of my time. Our NYC team just finished compeating as well so now we are on to States! The month in between the two competitions I spent helping them get ready...that's one of the
things I love so much about my team. Even when we have to split into multiple teams for competition, we're still one big team that's works together and encourages each other. The friendships I have gained from doing Mock Trial are priceless...even if I never won a competition (not saying I want that exactly) it would be 100% worth it just to do it all with my team. =)

Of course, one of the big things that has filled my time has been school. Probably not the most interesting subject ever but it has been enjoyable. I've been studying OT Theology. One of the things that has stuck out to me, and has come up in conversations in class, as we studied books like the Psalms, Job, and Lamentations is the fact that God wants us to honestly cry out to him. I guess I've always known this but it's been a great reminder and encouragement to look at the psalms that are full of David's confusion and fear and chapters in Job and Lamentations that seem to hold nothing but despair. It doesn't end there though, my class discovered as we discussed these books that at the end of almost every section of deep despair the speaker points back to God. He affirms his faith in God. He affirms that God is still on his thrown and still good. That's what holds men like Job as they walk through the valley of the shadow of death. It's been amazing to dig into these passages as a class.

I've also had the opportunity to visit two amazing colleges that I've been accepted to...Patrick Henry College and Columbia International University. Both schools were amazing!! Sadly, I only have 1 picture total from the college visits...let's just say I had way to much fun at PHC visiting with +Brianna Kelly and her lovely roommates to take any pictures! I have learned so much this past year about what it truly means to wait on the Lord. I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for me next year! I don't know where I'll be next year or what exactly be doing but I know God has something amazing in store!

Comments

Popular Posts