Sunday Musings {Sunsets and Renewal}
Sometimes we feel as if all the life has been sucked out of us...as if we could sleep for ages and not be rested.
Sometimes we get to a point where we can't handle people and we just want to be alone...forever.
Sometimes though we don't need any of that. We don't need more sleep, we don't need more alone time.
We need to stand in awe of our creator. We need to stop and marvel at his creation. We need to stand in awe of what he has made for us.
The last week or so has been kind of rough for me...I've dealt with sickness, an allergic reaction, seasonal allergies and midterms.
Life's been crazy and hectic and there hasn't been much normality. I haven't been able to get a lot of sleep and I've been trying to just make it till the weekend.
Well, yesterday was finally the weekend. I still had homework. I still had a long to do list but it was finally the weekend.
To be honest. I didn't really feel any different. I didn't feel rested. I didn't feel renewed. I still felt tired and overwhelmed.I went through my day through trying to accomplish as much as possible not thinking about how exhausted I was until that evening.
One of the blessings about going to CIU is the amazing view of the sunsets you get almost every single night.
Last night my roommate and I met a friend to watch the sun set. As we sat there, a friend called me
and asked what I was doing. I told him that I was watching the sunset.
He responded by saying, "Why are you doing that? It happens every night..."
And you know what...it does...it happens every. single. night.
Every single night the sun sets and every single morning the sun rises again.
To be honest that's what makes so beautiful. It's constant. Never changing and yet somehow new every single day.
It's refreshing to watch a sunset...to watch this beautiful ball of fire that only God could have created set on a day.
Yeah, maybe the day was a disaster, maybe everything went wrong but as the sun slips behind the earth the day sets.
The day is done.
And we can know that tomorrow that same ball of miraculous fire will rise again and a new day with new mercies will begin.


Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie