He Uses Broken Messes {For His Glory}

Leadership.
It seemed to be a theme of my senior year. It was intertwined in my school work as well as in Mock Trial. 

It was also something I struggled with. It was something that, believe it or not, I fought against for most of the year.

You see, I started out the year thinking that to be a leader, to lead my team well, I had to be almost super human. 
I had to have it all together. 
I had to have all the answers. 

And trust me...I didn't. I am human and just like every other human I messed up. I fell flat on my face and often times didn't know how to get back up.

And to be honest I didn't want to get back up half the time. I didn't want to be a leader because I didn't feel qualified.

But then leaders aren't always qualified. Leaders defiently don't have it all together....and yes leaders fall flat on their faces too.

Take Moses for example. He was an amazing leader, he lead the people of Isreal out of bondage.

BUT, as my coach has told me over and over again this year, Moses was not perfect. Moses doubted. Moses did not feel qualified. Moses fell flat on his face. 

When God called Moses to lead Isreal, how did Moses respond? He basically said no. He told God that he wasn't qualified and that God should get someone else to do the job. 

How did God respond? God said he wanted Moses. He wanted to use him inspite of his doubts and his mess. 

And he did. He used him in amazing ways. 

God doesn't use perfect people. He uses broken messes to accomplish his purposes.

To be honest, this is hard lesson to learn. It's hard to accept that. It's hard to come to the place where we are ok to lead from a place of brokenness.

Often times it just seems easier to not lead at all then to expose our brokenness and shortcomings.

But that is not what God has for us. God uses broken messes to accomplish his wonderful purposes. 

Maybe God is calling you today. Maybe you have been placed in a position of leadership that you don't think your qualified for. 

It's ok. Just remember that God uses broken messes for his glory. And he will walk with us the entire way.

Comments

Popular Posts