My Untold Story
I have sat down to write this story so many times.
But each time, I turn off blogger and shut the computer because the words simply won’t flow from the keyboard.
Or sometimes I do write the post, I even edit the post, I go to click publish, and my hands freeze.
I simply can’t do it.
Maybe its that I am afraid.
Maybe it's because I don't know if my story is worthy to be read.
But maybe it's because until now this story, the one I am about to tell you, has been my life.
And dear readers, when a story is being written it’s difficult to determine the fire from the diamond and the thorn from the blessing.
But today, I stand on the other side of that chasm.
Today I am determined that when this post is written, I will hit publish.
So, dear readers, this is my untold story.
Almost four years agos...November 2012...God began writing for me a story that was utterly unique from anything I had ever imagined.
I was 13 years old that November.
It was the week before Thanksgiving.
I stood in a classroom at my church, my family was preparing for our weekly homeschool group. We had to rearrange the room, so I grabbed one of the tables and pulled it over to the middle of the room.
As I pulled the table, I felt a searing pain shoot through my left wrist. Being a typical 13 year old I ignored it.
At Least...I tried. The pain continued for months and finally I saw a doctor. After multiple tests he told us there was nothing he could do.
According to the doctor there was NOTHING wrong. But the pain continued.
I went to doctor after doctor and eventually I learned to live with it.
I wore a bulky black brace and somehow I was never ashamed of it.
It was part of who I was.
I thought that this was to be my story and somehow I was fine with it.
God though had a different idea for my story.
In February of 2015 The Lord introduced the next plot twist in my life.
It came in the form of a migraine. My headaches had began that Christmas but they grew worse as the days grew warmer.
In early March I was a frequent visitor to the ER. So, frequent that the Doctors and Nurses knew me by name and eventually admitted me to the hospital.
The Doctors in the Pediatrics ward said the same thing about my head as many doctors had said about my hand.
“I don’t know what is wrong.”
“Everything seems perfectly normal.”
So, after a few weeks of going back and forth between home and the hospital, I came home for good.
Those next few months were tough. I had to give up dance. I simply could not physically do it anymore. I couldn't move in the way ballet required without becoming extremely dizzy.
By June I was wearing 5 braces. It was not fun. I mean I was a teenage girl...
That summer and the following fall I threw myself into Mock Trial with everything I had left in me.
For the next year and a half I struggled through Mock Trial. I was doing something I loved almost more than anything else in the world and yet the stress would get to me.
The first season I had a migraine every single week.
It wasn't always that tough but often times I struggled through daily life and simple tasks.
But then God began to work. It wasn't like he reached down and instantly healed me but he started working in little ways. Little by little I could do more things without my head hurting.
And today I sit here writing this and you now what...I am in college. I don't suffer from chronic pain in any of joints and I don't deal with chronic migraines.
I can't explain how God healed me. Yeah, I could bore you with details about my diet or my medication but to be honest that isn't the point. The point is that I am doing things that a few years ago seemed impossible.
I am wearing no braces.
I danced in an event without getting dizzy.
I am functioning on a small amount of sleep without constant migraines.
God healed me. He didn't do it through some miraculous event. No, he did it through the daily pain and toil of over three years.
Yes, this story was hard to live but in the end it is good because God is the author and only good flows from his pen.



Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie