Dear Quiet One {An Open Letter To The Hurting And Broken}
Dear Quiet One,
Hello. Yes you over there. The one not speaking. The one sitting on the outside, quietly observing.
This my friend is for you.
I don't know what is going on in your life. I don't know what your thinking behind that always smiling face but I know that even though you don't speak there is a lot going on in there.
I know you have been through a lot and quite possibly are currently walking through a nightmare. You might be wondering how you are going to make it through today, you may be wondering how you are going to keep it together through your next class, or you may be just trying to hold on for a little longer.
But all the while you just sit there and smile. You have a mask and you wear it well.
You may not talk but it's for a purpose. Your trying to stay calm, stay focused, and just get through another day. Sometimes small talk just exhausts you.
Maybe that's not you but if it is I want you to know that I get it. I have been there before. I have sat in a group of friends with a mask on my face and a crushed world inside my head.
I get it. It hurts.
So if your one of the quiet ones. The quiet ones that are silent because of what is racing through their minds instead of their mouths here is what I want you to know:
It's ok to not be ok. It is ok to breakdown. It is ok to talk about what is tearing you up on the inside. Find some one you trust, some one you can talk to and tell them the thoughts racing through your mind. Verbalize your fears and your hurts. It is ok to be broken and hurting. It is not ok to live there but it is ok to take a pit stop there.
Also know that you are not alone. You may feel like the only one falling apart, the only non perfect human being on the face of planet earth, or the only one to every experience this type of pain but I promise you are not. There are so many around you have walked down the same path and maybe sometimes there are a few who are walking down the same path by your side.
On the flip side though I want you to know that there will be times when you are alone. Times when you are crying so hard your whole body is shaking and there is no one there to hold your hand. It hurts to think about but those times do not last forever, they do end.When you are in the middle of those lonely times remember that even though all of humanity may have deserted you, your heavenly father has not. God is standing right there with you, the God who turned his back on his son so he would never have to do the same to us, is sitting right there with you on that cold hard floor as your whole life falls to pieces before your eyes. And even more than that he is picking the pieces back up and creating a masterpiece.
So, dear quiet one.
I see behind that mask you've put up. I know that you are hurting and bleeding but please remember that it is ok even when your far from that.
Put your head up dear one and keep running the race.
You got this.
Sincerly,
Your Fellow Quiet One
Hello. Yes you over there. The one not speaking. The one sitting on the outside, quietly observing.
This my friend is for you.
I don't know what is going on in your life. I don't know what your thinking behind that always smiling face but I know that even though you don't speak there is a lot going on in there.
I know you have been through a lot and quite possibly are currently walking through a nightmare. You might be wondering how you are going to make it through today, you may be wondering how you are going to keep it together through your next class, or you may be just trying to hold on for a little longer.
But all the while you just sit there and smile. You have a mask and you wear it well.
You may not talk but it's for a purpose. Your trying to stay calm, stay focused, and just get through another day. Sometimes small talk just exhausts you.
Maybe that's not you but if it is I want you to know that I get it. I have been there before. I have sat in a group of friends with a mask on my face and a crushed world inside my head.
I get it. It hurts.
So if your one of the quiet ones. The quiet ones that are silent because of what is racing through their minds instead of their mouths here is what I want you to know:
It's ok to not be ok. It is ok to breakdown. It is ok to talk about what is tearing you up on the inside. Find some one you trust, some one you can talk to and tell them the thoughts racing through your mind. Verbalize your fears and your hurts. It is ok to be broken and hurting. It is not ok to live there but it is ok to take a pit stop there.
Also know that you are not alone. You may feel like the only one falling apart, the only non perfect human being on the face of planet earth, or the only one to every experience this type of pain but I promise you are not. There are so many around you have walked down the same path and maybe sometimes there are a few who are walking down the same path by your side.
On the flip side though I want you to know that there will be times when you are alone. Times when you are crying so hard your whole body is shaking and there is no one there to hold your hand. It hurts to think about but those times do not last forever, they do end.When you are in the middle of those lonely times remember that even though all of humanity may have deserted you, your heavenly father has not. God is standing right there with you, the God who turned his back on his son so he would never have to do the same to us, is sitting right there with you on that cold hard floor as your whole life falls to pieces before your eyes. And even more than that he is picking the pieces back up and creating a masterpiece.
So, dear quiet one.
I see behind that mask you've put up. I know that you are hurting and bleeding but please remember that it is ok even when your far from that.
Put your head up dear one and keep running the race.
You got this.
Sincerly,
Your Fellow Quiet One



Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie