Looking Into A New Year {Let's Let Go And Let God}

To be honest it is kind of hard to believe that it is January 4th, 2018.

It is 2018 guys. You made it through another year...and if your reading this right now I assume you made it through alive and breathing.


I don't know how you feel about the start of a new year but for me I tend to use it as a time for self evaluation. I look back on the past year and see how it went...look to the year coming up and think about how I want it to go.

Standing on the brink of a new year though I am reminded anew of how many unknowns there are in life.

Last year at this time I was still praying and hoping that I would be allowed to go to Patrick Henry College. As the year went on though I watched God close door after door leading to PHC and open doors that led to CIU.

At the time I was kind of disappointed...now I am so very thankful.

And thinking back that's only one example of God doing things in my life in 2017 that I didn't ask for but now am so very thankful.

There are so many examples...
He had my team lose our Regional Mock Trial Competition.
He had a my Summer job go compleatly differently then I ever dreamed it out.
He had me change majors (twice to exact).

In 2017 he taught me that he is in control...he plans my life. No matter how many plans I make he is still in compelate and sovereign control.


So looking forward to 2018...here is what I want to do...and I pray that you will join me. 

I want to keep my eyes focused on Christ. I want to run towards him every moment of every day. I don't want to try to plan out every detail of my life. Yeah, I know plans and dreams for the future are not bad but at some point we have to hand them over to God. 

In 2018 I want to so fully trust God that in the good times and the bad I can say, "I know he has a plan." 
Because in my experience he always does. 

So, let's let go and let God this year. Let's stop focusing on what we want to do with our lives and start focusing on how God can use us in the moment. 

Yeah, I get it sometimes life get's hard and sometimes it is all we can do to put one foot in front of the other and keep walking forward. 

But it is my prayer that in those moments more than any others we would remember this message. That we would fix our eyes on Jesus and slowly and steadily put on foot in front on the other.



This year I pray that more than anything else we would not take our focus off of Jesus. No matter what happens. No matter what life throws at us.

I pray that we would move steadily towards our creator.


Comments

Popular Posts