Summer Camp, Transitions, and Hurricane Florence {pt. 2}
| The amazing sunsets are one of the things that I love so much about CIU and one of the things that daily reminds me that no matter what is going on in my life or where I am God is always the same. <3 |
Anyways...I started my sophomore year at Columbia International almost a month ago now. To be honest, it was a crazy transition. I went straight from camp to school with barely an hour in between. Thankfully, I was on campus a week early to help with freshmen move-in week so I did have some time to settle in before classes started but it still took awhile.
I have never experienced true culture shock but I defiently experienced at least a bit of culture shock during the transition from camp to school. God taught me a ton during the first few weeks of school about relaying on him as the only solid ground. When all around me felt new and weird I knew that God was the same. He was the same at camp and he was the same at school. Anyways....I learned a lot during the first few weeks of school.
Now, I feel more fully transitioned into my life here which is awesome! I am taking 5 classes and loving them all...it is super nice to be out of the basic freshmen classes and into some of the more meaty stuff this semester.
I am taking Theology 1 which is basically just an overview of the basic doctrines of the christian faith. Besides the fact that this class is 3 days a week at 8am I love this class!
I am also taking General Psychology...this is my only pure gen ed class and even so I am finding it very interesting.
My most time consuming class is Hermenutics or Principles of Bible Interpretation (basically the study of scripture). Even though this class takes up a lot of time it is super interesting and is beginning to give me a new outlook on scripture.
My only youth ministry class this semester is Communicating for Life Change. This is my smallest class and is a little more discussion based and it has been super fun to be able to dig in to something that I want to do for the rest of my life.
My final class is Discovering the Mission of God (DMOG for short)...this is a class that I have been looking forward to since before I started at CIU. I sat in on this class when I visited as a senior in high school and loved the discussion based format of the class. It is really cool to be able to take it now!
Ok...well if your still reading by now good for you...here are a ton of pictures from the first month of sophomore year!
Spontaneous Sunday afternoon worship sessions
First day of school pictures with dear friends
Joy filled days and tar covered hands...
Isn't the sky amazing?
Going tubing with my roomate
Group picture from the tubing trip =)
Fun pictures while enjoying the great wheather
Coffee at the weekly outdoor market downtown
My house after the throwdown...we placed third!
More sunsets...
Exploring and finding new coffee shops with my roommate during our hurricane break.
My sweet roommate <3
And of course another aesthetically pleasing picture of my coffee ;)
Well, that's all for now...classes start back tomorrow so my hurricane break is about over but I hope you guys enjoyed catching up with me and I will do my best not to be a stranger.


Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie