Summer Reading List {What I've Read And What I Am Reading}
There was a cute used bookstore near the campground where I was working that my team visited quite often. So, I acquired quite a few books...total over the summer I read about 3 full books (I have the habit of starting a book and never finishing it). That's not nearly as many as I had hoped to read of the summer but considering that I can be a slow reader I think that 3ish books over the course of the summer isn't too bad.
The first book I read was entitled This Is Our Time by Trevin Wax. This book was one given to me for graduation and started soon after. Basically the book addresses 8 different common social issues that we face today as young Christians and puts them in light of the gospel. It is very well written, easy to understand and follow, and very engaging. One of my favorite quotes is from chapter 8, "if we are going to be faithful in this, out time, we mist figure out how to keep ir bearings when the world goes wobbly."
The next book I read is a classic and one of my favorites; To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It's about two kids during the depression era in the deep south. Their dad is a defense lawyer who get's assigned the job of defending an innocent black man. The story follows not only the kids lives but also the story of the case. My favorite quote from the book is, "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
The final book I read this summer was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I love, love, love this book! It tells the story of 2 maids and a wanna be author in the early 1960s. It tells the story of these three courageous women as they try to bring change to their small town by writing a book on what it means to be a black housekeeper during that time period.
And then finally...I am currently reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
So...what are YOU reading right now? What did you read this summer?
The final book I read this summer was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I love, love, love this book! It tells the story of 2 maids and a wanna be author in the early 1960s. It tells the story of these three courageous women as they try to bring change to their small town by writing a book on what it means to be a black housekeeper during that time period.
And then finally...I am currently reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
So...what are YOU reading right now? What did you read this summer?



Comments
Post a Comment
Hi! I hope you enjoyed my post...please leave a comment and tell me what you thought! Any comments that are not God honoring will not be published. Thank you!
-Maggie